1. btrfs support
With current daily builds of maverick, installation with btrfs filesystem is supported, though ext4 is the default filesystem. btrfs was pulled in mainline kernel on 9th January 2010.
Lee Jones working in the kernel team, has written a long exhaustive mail on his experience reguarding to suspend/resume in Thinkpad X61 when SD card is in the card reader. If this bug is solved, it can help a lot of us. Just read the whole paragraph and you would come to know how nasty the situation actually is.
Maverick Alpha 2 would be released on July 1st (Thursday). Archives would be frozen on June 29th,. The next Alpha would be Alpha 3 on August 5th.
DebianImportFreeze on June 24th and Colin Watson has sent a mail to ubuntu-devel asking people responsible for packages to get the packages imported ASAP
Freezes which are still far off are FetaureFreeze on August 12th, UserInterfaceFreeze and BetaFreeze on August 26th. Beta freeze is for Beta Release planned on September 2nd.
5. Bug Days
- Bug Day on 3rd June target – Compiz
- Bug Day on 10th June target – GNOME Games
- Bug Day on 17th June target – USB Creator
- Bug Day on 24th June target – fontconfig
Ubuntu Developer Week starts on 12th July(Monday) and ends on 17th July(Friday) between 1600UTC and 2100UTC
Kubuntu doesn’t get as much love at Ubuntu gets, still it’s the second choice for many people after Ubuntu(GNOME) who want to stick to the environment.
Kubuntu Tutorial day is just one way on 7th July and only some 6-7 hours.
Daniel Holbach informs that progress is at 14%
From the logs of Desktop Team Meeting dated 15th June, it looks like, we can buy applications from the Software Center in near future. Remember, long back it was rumored to be called Ubuntu Software Store? Later the actual name came out to be Software Center
Under “Buy Something”:
# Payments API is in good shape; we had an API overview from Ricardo Kirkner including a walkthrough of the process
# We identified a problem in that there is the potential for unverified payment amounts submitted to the billing service by the client
* Will require some LP to payment service integration for verification of price paid before authorizing access
* This integration has been targeted for Alpha 3 (after the June 30th LP upload window, tho we can use edge while developing)
# Currently prototyping a payments widget to learn/test/use the payments API
# Launchpad login functionality and basic integration features have been release with Software Center 2.1.2
* As these features are still in-development the next release of software center (later this week?) will hide this feature unless s-c is launched using a command line switch
# LP team on track to deliver needed core functionality at June 30th upload window